With the release of rules for ELD mandates by the FMCSA, truckers and fleet owners are now in search of devices that fit their needs. For long, paper logs worked as the medium for adherence to the on-road guidelines. However, honestly, this particular reporting and logging variant was packed with errors and too much work..
To get things digital, the FMCSA introduced the ELD mandates, and soon enough, the market was overrun with devices that can get the job done. With so many options, it could be difficult for you to choose the right one. So, what can you do now?
To make things simpler for you, we have reviewed some of the best ELD devices in our series, and this blog post is dedicated to one of the top rankers in the market. The Linxup ELD is a feature-packed device, designed to fit all your ELD mandate needs and gives you so much more.
So, without any delay, let us take a look at this Linxup ELD review.
|Display Device||Dedicated ELD Device|
|Transmits||Transmits the EZ-Logs ELD to the DOT via Email/Web Services (Telematics)|
Brand Overview of Linxup ELD
The Linxup ELD is a mandated device offered by the company “Linxup.” The brand is popular as the leading and global manufacturer of fleet management and asset tracking tools. Since its inception, the service provider has offered top-notch devices for asset tracking, ELD solutions, as well as fleet management solutions.
With the Linxup ELD, you get access to a design that can help with a series of mandate compliance requirements, which includes fleet management as well as asset tracking. Apart from aiding in compliance with the FMCSA requirements, the device can also aid with the improvement of CSA scores. As a truck owner or fleet manager, the Linxup ELD offers you interesting capabilities that help enhance your overall business management protocol in the trucking industry.back to menu ↑
Features of Linxup ELD
With the use of the Linxup ELD, the business owners can cut down any unwanted costs or operating expenses. This ELD allows the fleet owners to make sure that all the assets that belong to them are in the prime condition with the best maintenance protocol in place.
Apart from this, here are some of the prime features flaunted by the Linxup ELD:
- Easy-to-use: When compared to the top-ranking options available in the market, the Linxup ELD is quite easy to use. The device works as a plug-n-play system that fits well into different types of pins, which includes 6-pin, OBD-II plugs, as well as the 9-pin system. Given this versatility, you can easily see why Linxup is the top choice for fleet owners and truckers.
During the connection of the Linxup ELD with the diagnostic port of your truck, you do not need to purchase any separate system or adapter. Just plug in the device, and you are ready to go.
- Dedicated Customer Support: Linxup ELD offers key features such as 24/7 support combined with free resources online for any doubts or queries. The Linxup system allows everyone involved in your trucking business a scope to log in the driving time or edit it as per requirement. You can also get reports during the on-road inspections. The prime asset of this ELD is its simplicity and customer support.
- Intuitive Mobile Application: Apart from featuring a durable and powerful ELD hardware, Linxup ELD offers an intuitive mobile application as well. It is compatible with Android as well as iOS platforms.
With this app, you will get all the reporting and data capabilities present in the official Linxup portal. Plus, you will get access to data filtered as per the date or group. You can easily narrow down the details to be inclusive of all the street views designated for a given trip.back to menu ↑
Benefits/Reasons to Choose Linxup ELD
1-Reduced Expenditure for Fuel:
As the fuel prices reach sky-high, business owners need to tread this territory with caution. With the help of the Linxup GPS feature, this can be done easily by the generation of reports that help deduct ways to aid with fuel expenditure mitigation. With this solution, fleet owners can even track the drivers that happen to spend most of their time idling, vehicle miles, as well as the driver that is closest to a given destination.
2-Enhanced Driving Behavior:
The Linxup GPS doesn’t just tell your dispatch office about the vehicle or asset’s latest location, but it also informs them of the driver’s behavior on the road. With this fleet management device, business owners can be assured whether or not their designated drivers are following the regulations and rules on the road. As per Linxup reviews by drivers and fleet owners, Features such as monitoring for idling time, speed tracking, as well as similar activity reports, can help with the promotion of safe driver behavior.
3-Reduced Insurance Costs:
With the Linxup ELD device, you can help reduce the spending on fleet insurance needs. With the ELD’s GPS tracking option, the companies can easily learn more about the behavior of the driver when on the road. It allows companies to work alongside the drivers to improve road safety techniques. With time, this ensures a decrease of instances that call for insurance claims.back to menu ↑
Pros and Cons of Linxup ELD
- Simple and secure device
- Features exclusive data plans
- Can be connected with different port types
- Feature for fuel management
- HOS logs
- Allows for better CSA score
- Pricing is a bit on the higher end with lack of features
- Customer service might be unresponsive (Possible reason could be high call volumes)
Pricing for Linxup ELD
The Linxup ELD pricing varies as per your requirement. You can choose from three different options fo Linxup monthly fee, which includes:
- ELD Only: $22.99/month
- ELD & GPS: $39.99/month
- ELD+IFTA+GPS: $49.99/month
With the Linxup ELD plan, you get the following features:
- Reports for Roadside Inspections
- Digital Logs
- Warning for Approaching Violations
- Status of Driver Duty
Plus, you can also check more about its GPS plans on the official Linxup website.back to menu ↑
How to install the Linxup ELD?
With the Linxup ELD, you cannot use your own smart devices; rather, you need to purchase the dedicated device provided by the maker. The device can easily be plugged into the diagnostic port of the truck, and a simple start button will get things in line for you.
Although the device is easy to install, in case you have any queries, you should definitely get in touch with the customer support team as opposed to figuring things out by yourself.back to menu ↑
How to buy the Linxup ELD?
In order to purchase Linxup ELD, you need to visit this page: https://www.linxup.com/gps-trackers/eld-devices.html.
Now, select from the options available on the page as per your needs. Click on the call now option and place your order with the customer support team.back to menu ↑
Who can use the Linxup ELD?
Linxup ELD is an affordable solution designed by the company Linxup to aid the fleet owners, drivers, as well as managers for efficient GPS tracking, reporting, or adhering to the latest ELD mandates. With the Linxup ELD, users get access to maintenance tracking, detailed reporting, alerts, temperature sensors. Fuel-tax reports, and so on.back to menu ↑
Customer Support for Linxup ELD
If you are facing issues with your Linxup ELD device, you can get in touch with the customer support team at https://www.linxup.com/contact/.
You can either fill in the contact form provided on the page below by selecting the Support option or call the team at 1-877-732-4980.back to menu ↑
Other things to know about Linxup ELD
- Allows the drivers to change the duty status
- Easily accessible roadside reports during on-road inspections
- Alerts for critical violations
- Dedicated video tutorials for the device
- Functional and durable hardware
- Monitor the driver’s behavior
1-How does the Linxup ELD GPS help me?
Answer: The real-time GPS tracking feature with the Linxup ELD allows the truckers to monitor the performance of the fleet with the use of the smartphone or PC.
It can help with quick identification of:
- Speed and direction of the vehicle in motion
- Time passed since the previous GPS report
- Real-time address of the equipment or vehicle
- The nearest driver from a given location
2-How does the Linxup ELD detailed reporting and alert help fleet owners?
Answer: With the detailed reporting provided by Linxup, fleet owners can:
- Customize the alerts and recipients for various groups and vehicles
- Get real-time notifications or select hourly/daily summaries
- Turn on alert settings off/on with ease
- View the alerts filtered through alert time/date range/vehicle/group or driver
3-What types of reports can be generated using Linxup ELD?
Answer: With the help of Linxup ELD, users can generate reports which include:
- Vehicle Idling Activities
- Time spent at various locations by the fleet
- Reports for advanced trips
- Report cards for driver safety
- Excel data exports
- Interactive dashboards
Just like any other consumer, an ELD device should always be purchased from renowned providers. With regard to this, Linxup is among the dedicated service providers that answer all your queries without any delay. With features such as convenience, GPS tracking, timely alerts, detailed reports, and so much more, Linxup ELD is undoubtedly one of the top-ranking options for truckers and fleet owners.
The capabilities and features present in this unit have been designed to serve as a unit that is not just an ELD mandate device. The features brought by the Linxup ELD make it an optimum choice for fleet managers in need of cost reduction or similar requisites.
Truly speaking, the ELD device isn’t too affordable, but the features make up for the price tag. So, if you are in search of a feature-packed ELD device, the Linxup ELD is a must.